Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Sewing Project - Quilt 7 - Blue Hexagons

I finished another small quilt today.  I just loved this fabric when I saw it so I brought it home. 100% cotton.

Finished Size: 39.25" x 48.25"

Front: Original Waverly Bridal Gingham fabric in true blue







Backing: Tone on Tone textured light blue cotton




Batting: Flannelette Sheet
  
Thread: Navy for the highlight stitching and binding. White for assembly and quilting. 

Binding: Navy Blue cotton cut to 2 5/8 inches wide Check out the Fool Proof Quilt Binding video for details.

Binding stitching: Stitch in the ditch.  I pinned very closely and had near perfect capture of the folded edge on the back. A couple of the corners had to redone.

Quilting: I chose to highlight the hexagons on the fabric with navy thread which I stitched on the single layer before assembling the quilt.
I pinned the 3 layers together and stitched in white near the navy line I had done earlier because I did not want dark thread on my light backing.





Lessons Learned: 

I loved using the hexagon in the fabric rather than always doing it like I have before.

Better pinning may have doing the binding perfect.

I think the navy stitching on the hexagon is just enough to make them more visible.

Into the box it goes.


1 comment:

  1. Blue and white is always a winning combination. It's a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.