Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Winter Jacket for -10C

I took advantage of a 50% sale at the thrift store last week to get myself a -10C winter coat.  Here you need at least 2 jackets.  The other is a -20C coat and I have a heavy wool coat which is beyond -20C which gets worn occasionally.

I washed it in the washing machine at home which is must for me as I am not dry cleaning jackets except for the wool one.

I saw that repairs were needed to the hood liner right away but I only discovered the pocket issue on the weekend.  There was a hole in one of the pockets that let things fall to the inside of the jacket.

My absolute needs for a jacket are a hood, a two way zipper, a waist cord on the inside, and pockets with zippers.


This one has more with snaps on the wind flap over the zipper which allows me to just use the snaps on a quick trip outside. A high collar zipped right to the top, 4 outside pockets and one inside, a cord on the hood to tighten it close to my face and a great medium navy color.

It has room for an extra sweater which I needed on the weekend when we had -20C outside shoveling snow. 

The repairs were all done this morning and it is back in the front hall closet ready to go!  The price was great which was a bonus.  Looking forward to years of wear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.