Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Cards - Gold Foil Diecut Sheets

I found some gold foil diecut sheets at the ReUse Center last week.  I decided to make all occasion cards with them.

The challenge with these is that attaching them will be tricky because I do not want to go through the card front.

Love the chevron pattern in this sheet.  Some thick and thin lines.

I chose dark brown card stock in 12x12 which I cut down to 8.5 x 11 inches then in half for a couple of  A2 card bases.

I cut 2 Tim Holtz leaves with the Mover and Shapers dies in my cutting tray.  I used the cut off from the the 12x12 so it matched perfectly.

I used my ancient Maple Leaf punch with some metallic gold card stock. 

I ran a length of metallic gold ribbon all the way around the card front taping down the ends where the accent will be.

I used a gold star tiny brad through the leaves then through the card front but not through the ribbon on the inside.  I placed another star brad down at the bottom of the foil sheet.  Added a white quarter sheet liner and white envelope.

As always I try to make some wide and some tall layouts.

With this leafy diecut I chose a red card base, and cut a large flower with the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die.  The small flower was cut from the gold foil cardstock. 

I placed the dark grey length of cardstock behind the diecut sheet, then made a hole in the center with a push pin.  I added a tiny gold flower sequin, then the smaller gold flower layered onot the larger one through the diecut and through he grey strip.

Once all was held together I adhered the grey strip to the card front with double sided tape. I did add a couple of bling zots behind the foil sheet and the grey card strip to prevent the sheet from pivoting on the brad.

For this card I chose a royal blue card stock. Again,cutting down a 12x12 sheet.

I used my Creative Memories double square punch to create perfectly layered squares.  I added a large flat gold brad onto the square accent.

I added 3D foam tape to adhere the layered squares to the gold foil diecut sheet.  That hid the prongs of the brad.

I then added 3D foam tape on the back of the foil diecut sheet and adhered it to the card front.

The square accent repeats the pattern the diecut which works really well.




This card has a dark green card base and a leafy gold foil diecut.   I layed it in the wide or landscape orientation.

I cut the Tim Holtz Bird on a Branch diecut cut from the left over from the 12x12.

I then cut just the bird from the gold metallic card stock and glued it on top of the green bird.

The gold diecut was adhered to the card front with Quick Dry adhesive with has a very fine tip to apply just a bit of glue on most of the leaves.  Press it down for a minute to have it stay in place.

I then adhered the green bird layer with Bling Zots under the bird and along the branch.  Again, white quarter sheet insert and white envelope.

This card has a black card base cut from the 12x12 sheet.

I used the leftover gold metallic card stock and cut 2 strips which I place behind the gold patterned diecut. 

The small metallic flower sequins were adhered to the die cut with Bling Zots which also adhered it to the strips in places. Several behind the bird helped as well.

Then I placed double sided tape to the back of the gold strips and placed it on the card front.

I had allowed the strips to go over the top and bottom edges of the card so I just trimmed those with scissors.

A great set of cards in a pretty quick hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.