Friday, February 9, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 006 - Listen to the Cloth

This is my piece for week 6 of the slow stitch challenge hosted by Kathryn at K3NClothTales.  

The prompt for this week is: Listen to the Cloth.  Basically, cloth will have certain properties and work with them. 

I acquired a few more fabric scraps this week at the ReUse center and I am happy with my coordinated color scheme. 

The top left piece may be silk. I doubled it so I would have more to work with. The circle wreath is a piece of cheesecloth fabric which is very loosely woven and had to be confined to work.  I couched the circle and left the tails to speak about the original properties of the cloth.

The dark pink on the bottom was quite heavy so I just used a running stitch in the same color. There was a color gap in the floral piece so I added the light pink piece in bottom left corner which is satiny and just added a piece of narrow lace for fun. I made French Knots!  The olive green piece got double seed stitches.  The floral piece has tiny stitches in green following the green in the cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.