Friday, February 16, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 007 - Held together by scraps of LOVE

I am following the slow stitching challenge hosted by Kathryn - K3NClothTales.

The prompt for week 7 is: Held together by scraps of LOVE.

Here is my piece. This is a tribute to my Mom who passed away a year ago. Her favorite color was blue.  I traditionally made Mother's day cards in pink but changed it up to make them blue because that spoke to her a lot more.

In this piece, I  added a light blue layer of cotton to my foundation fabric with white shiny Viscose thread and a running stitch because these pieces will be eventually put into a larger fiber art piece.

I cut a foundation piece of cotton cut into a heart shape. I stitched various blue fabrics to the heart. I then used blanket stitch to attach the heart to my light blue fabric.  Then I added white French Knots to add some femininity to the piece. 

My Mom did a lot of work with scrap fabric and re-purposing fabric.  She sewed all our clothes when we were kids, she taught all her girls to sew, and made many quilts in her life time.  She put love in all here sewing pieces. She took her sewing machine to the lodge because it was a life line for her. She did embroidery and knitting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.