Saturday, February 17, 2024

Sylvia's Simple Shots

My aunt and I went for a visit at the Night of Artists Gallery at Bonnie Doon Mall.

It holds wonderful art from local artists.

There is pottery, sculpture, fabric arts, photography, acrylic painters, watercolor painters, and much more.

The show in the feature area was art from local high school artists. What an opportunity and encouragement to young artist to be in a gallery.

We really enjoyed our visit and had a good chat with one of the local artists who was manning the gallery that day.


I am always in for a tea related book.  The Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens was a great read.

Muldoon's Tea Rooms owned by Penny and Daniel Stanley has started looking a little outdated.  We get to know the regulars who seek refuge in this cozy tea shop.  Daniel is the wonderful baker who produces delicious baked goods. Sadie who is dieting comes to indulge, Brenda comes to right her letters to Nicholas Cage which she does eventually posts and Clare returns to find a long lost soul mate.

Penny and Daniel's marriage experiences an renewal as well during the story. 

We all have to be true to ourselves and move head on into our life.

My aunt and I visited the Paint Spot as well the day of our outing as she wanted some Japanese papers.

Much of the supplies in this store were beyond what I was willing to pay but I did find this tiny eye dropper bottle I can use for essential oils.  I have looked for one at the health food and they did not this size. 

It measures 1.5 inches tall so is very tiny.

I love it.





I sliced open my thumb on a microplane grater while doing up some hard cheese for my pizza. I did get a small nick the first time which I should have heeded but did not so with the lesson unlearned it got a little harder.

Needless to say the pizza was on hold.  Fortunately, this time I did not get lightheaded but there was a lot of blood.  I had to hold it above my head for 10 minutes to get it under control.

After dousing it with peroxide I wrapped it in this towel tight in order to get the blood flow to stop.

I was able to get a bandaid on it before I headed to bed.  It hurt a lot!  My right hand was out of commission for over 2 weeks.

I decided that I needed a light where my ironing table sits when I am sewing.

The general room light is behind me so I was on the hunt for a lamp.

I managed this lamp which uses standard size bulbs came home with me.  It got a thorough cleaning. 

I have hung it on the wire shelving near my ironing board.

It is working very well. 




What a great book!  Pilgrims by Paul McDermott.  This is a true story.

Val is 74 and has cancer.  Paul is in the healing profession and has come to visit Val as a Hospice Home Support worker.  Paul is a young man who feels led to do this work.

He is there to provide support to Val as she comes to the end of her life.  He provides physical support - some yard work, shopping assistance, and other things. They talk about life, books, and much more.

We learn about Paul and Val in this book.

Very good book and should probably keep it and read it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.