Thursday, February 8, 2024

Cards - Half Circles

I continue to make cards for friends and family.

The half circle card is a very versatile layout which I have used many times.

I chose some blue watercolor designer paper and cut the 12x12 in 4 pieces.  I cut 6" circles with my Creative Memories circle cutter.  Then those were cut in half on the paper cutter. This paper had a grid on the back that made this very easy.

I chose a grey textured A2 card base.  I adhered the half circle along the left hand side.  I added a royal blue card stock strip along the fold with double sided tape.  

I adhered a Martha Stewart Butterfly punchie in the same blue as the strip with Bling Zots.

Using a silver gel pen I added stitching marks along the circle edge, a fly path for the butterfly, and then dots on the the blue strip.

All cards get a white quarter sheet insert and white envelope.

With a sky blue A2 card stock base and dug in my designer paper stash leftovers and picked this one with paisleys and a good variety of colors.

I only had a smaller piece but by placing the circle guide along the edge half way across I was able to cut a half circle.

It was adhered with double sided tape along the left edge.  I added a dark brown grosgrain ribbon along the fold and knotted it towards the top of the card.

I created a flower accent with a large white silk flower, an aqua handmade paper flower then a small yellow one.  These are held together with a large brown brad.  Once the prongs were pushed apart I added a large Zot to adhere it to the card front.

Excellent.

I chose a leftover piece of the velvet paper with debossed flowers on it.  This feels more like fabric than paper so I decided to cut my half circle with scissors.  I traced the shape with my cutter template with a pencil then  followed the line to cut.  I them adhered it to the card front and trimmed the top and bottom edges.

I decided to pair it with a celery colored grosgrain ribbon.  I punched a hole in the fold of the card with my Stampin Up Slot punch.  I strung my ribbon through it and around the card front tying the knot on the front. 

I chose 2 gold punchies for my Stampin Up Five Petal flower.  I added a couple of silk flower bits in green and red.  

The gold flower sequin was added with a copper star tiny brad.  This accent is then adhered to the card front with a large Zot.

Again, with the other card base in the sky blue color.  

The designer paper half circle was adhered to the left hand side.  

I added a sky blue grosgrain ribbon along the left hand side. 

The flower accent was assembled with 3 different flowers - white silk, yellow silk and aqua handmade paper.  A white flower sequin and a light blue tiny brad.  Once assembled it was adhered to the card front with a large Zot.

I usually vary my card orientations but I was not paying attention and they are all portrait this session.

I chose royal blue textured cardstock for the card base for this card.

I added the blue watercolor designer paper half circle to the left hand side.

With the leftover from the 12x12 piece of dark blue card stock I cut a 1/2 inch strip and glue it to the left hand side along the fold.

I punched a large daisy flower from the blue card stock, added a blue silk flower and a white flower sequin all held together with a white star tiny brad.

Another set of cards for the box so I will have a wide varieyt of cards available when I put together a set of a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.