Sunday, February 11, 2024

Cards - TH Cameo Frame

I brought a piece of pretty floral tissue paper home from the ReUse Center recently.  I decided to make a few cards with it. 

I chose the Tim Holtz Cameo Frame die for one of the layers.

I cut the die from a lef tover piece of ivory card stock which was less wide than the die but I just went with it.  I aligned down the center and ran it through the Big Shot.

I wrapped the gift wrap around the center of the diecut and taped the ends to the back.  I added burgundy ribbon at the top and bottom on the die again taping ends to the back. 

I punched a MS Butterfly in the same color as the card base which is a textured turquoise. I held it in place with a tiny gold brad. It was feeling like it needed a bit more so I added the deep red flowers in the top and bottom arches. These along with a gold flower sequin are held in place with tiny gold brads. 

This layer was then adhered to the card front with double sided tape.  A white quarter sheet insert and a white A2 envelope finish of the set.

This card follows the same basic layout.  I cut the Cameo Frame from pink designer paper. 

Then cut the floral tissue paper to just lay inside the embossed line on the die cut.

I punched a butterfly from gold foil card stock and held it in place with a warm pink tiny brad. 

I added small gold lower sequins in the arches at the top and bottom with the same tiny brads.

This layer was then adhered to the card front in a warm pink card stock.

Insert and envelope to complete the set.


On this card is started with a warm green A2 card base. 

I cut the frame from warm mottled designer paper.

Again, cut the tissue paper to fit inside the emboss line on the die cut.  The tissue paper had tears and tape in places so I had to be careful how I cut the paper.  The tissue has strategically place pieces of double side tape.

I added a turqoise butterfly punchie in the bottom corner and a handmade paper flower in the upper right hand corner held in place with tiny gold brads.

I put turquoise caps in the arches with my Crop-a-Dile tool.

Layer adhered to the card front with double sided tape and an insert and envelope to finish up the set.

It's nice to have a design element with a good variety of colors that allows me to create several cards which are not exactly the same.

Here I chose Stampin Up Pixie Pink card base.

I paired it with a blue watercolor frame die cut. 

A gold foil butterfly in the top left hand corner held in place with gold tiny brad.

Small flower punchies to match the card base and again tiny gold brads to keep them place.

Layer adhered to card front with double sided tape.

I stuck to the portrait orientation unintentionally.  With this tissue paper I could have easily altered the orientation.

Quarter sheet insert and white envelope.

As I change the die cut color the colors in the tissue paper change and some are highlighted.

Here is chose a warm turquoise card stock for the frame die cut.  

Then I went with a deep burgundy color for the A2 card base.

I added a strip of the same card stock along the left hand side.

I chose a burgundy silk flower with a gold flower sequin and placed it to leave the flowers in the paper visible.   This is layered with a gold flower sequin and held in place with a gold mini brad.

A white quarter sheet insert and a white envelope and another set of cards for the stash is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.