Tuesday, October 1, 2019

90th Birthday Invites

There's a guy turning 90 this month and his family wants to celebrate.

I was asked to design an invitation which included the family tartan.  His wife lent me a scrap from the making of his kilt.  I scanned it then repeated it enough to get a sense of the overall pattern.  I then placed several onto a 4x6 graphic and had them printed onto photo paper. 

On the sample on the left I chose a blue green linen textured card in the A2 size oriented in the tall portrait direction with the fold on the left.

I added a length of gold metallic ribbon and a length of red grosgrain ribbon on the left hand side.  I then trimmed the ends at an angle. I layered the tartan piece which measures 1.25x 4 inches on top and aligned along the top of the card.  These are all held in place with a gold glitter star brad.

The large birthday layer was printed on white card stock in navy and red.  It was trimmed and tucked under the tartan layer.

Mostly similar elements arranged differently.  The second sample was a wide or landscape orientation with the fold at the top.

Same blue green linen card.

I chose to use a metallic gold card stock which was more subtle.  It was cut to 1.25 X 6.00 inches and adhered one inch from the bottom of the card. The ends were trimmed once adhered.

The red grosgrain ribbon was aligned along the tartan piece and the ends taped to the back.  It was then aligned along the left hand side of the card.  It was adhered with double sided tape.  The glitter star brad was placed on the ribbon about the middle of the gold strip.  It anchors these layers to the card front.

The 90 layer was color printed on white card stock in navy and red.  It was trimmed to 2.75 square. It was adhered to a navy layer cut to 3" square.  This accent was then adhered to the card front aligned next to the tartan with 3D foam tape.

The inside insert provides all the necessary details.  He chose option #2 and I delivered these this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.