Thursday, October 17, 2019

Welcome to my Kitchen & Card Making

We had our ladies fellowship group meeting today.  I forgot my camera so I don't have photos of the delicious food we were served.  I bring my own tea these days as I am drinking caffeine free.  One of my favorites is Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings.  I have been adding one of these and a Rooibos tea bag and steep them together.  I add a bit of honey and cream and it works.

Not the same as my favorite black tea which is Masala Chai from Chai Wallahs.

I hope they design a Rooibos version because the flavor is the best.



Following our time of fellowship a couple girls stayed and we made cards.  One girl had bought an All Occasion Stack Kit and the other brought a Christmas Stack Kit she purchased last year but did not put together.

I started some Thank You cards for when I visit Compassion House in November.

I started with a Soft Suede card base.

I added some designer paper measuring 4.25x5.5 inches.

I added a warm teal label cut with the Stampin Up Apothecary Framelits.

Then I placed an oval cut with Nestabilities of a ship on the seas. 

The greeting is warm teal as well which was color printed on ivory and punched with the SU Decorative Label punch which was adhered with 3D foam tape.

I started with a dark warm teal card base.

I added a couple pieces of designer paper in a warm Bermuda Bay color.  I had some nice texture on it.  They were adhered to the top left and bottom right of the card front.

I added an aqua circle onto which I mounted a white silk flower held in place with a gold glitter star brad.  It was placed to overlap the DSP pieces.

I added a greeting printed in warm green tone and punched with a circle punch.  It was adhered with 3D foam tape.

I added 3 gold flower sequins on the bottom edge of the left designer paper piece.  These are held in place with Bling Zots.


I started with a royal blue card base.

I added a piece of Serendipty paper in blue tones which has been embossed with the a swirl folder.  I placed it aligned on the left.

The greeting was color printed then I ripped the top and bottom edge and adhered it to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I added a green raffia bow along the right edge of the serendipity layer.  It is held in place with a tiny gold brad.

The card on the below has similar pieces just put together a little differently.  The Serendipity layer was adhered along the bottom edge.


The greeting was color printed, cut square and adhered to the right hand side. 

I added a piece of navy seam binding and trimmed the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.