Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Sewing Project - ReUsable Bags


I made 3 ReUsable Bags to donate to the ReUse Center this week.  I had some polyester fabric in great colors which does not work as well as microfiber.  I bought these because I was looking for a variety of colors.  They are very pretty.

Polyester fabric frays like crazy so these needed french seams to enclose all the edges. 

I folded the tops over double at 2.5 inches to provide a reinforced edge where the handles were going to be attached.

I did not have much for handle material.  I used grosgrain ribbon on the 2 striped ones.  I made handles with white microfiber fabric left overs for the purple one.   

These measure about 20 inches tall by 16 inches wide.  

The center provides a bin of bags and a table of boxes for customers so these will be used for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.