Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 002

I finished my 2nd piece of slow stitching.

I am following Katherine at K3NClothTales on You Tube and Instagram. 

The prompt for this week is Balance - Light & Dark.

I chose 2 heavier fabrics in my favorite color combo - yellow and navy blue. I aligned the join on the center line of my 4 inch foundation fabric, pinned it and did whip stitches in both colors - yellow first then black next.

I traced the circle for the sun with a spool of thread then with a darker and brighter yellow embroidery thread 3 strands I stitched the half circle with back stitch and the rays with running stitch.

I added white stars to the navy bottom half.  The fabric was unraveling so I added a blanket stitch all the way around the outside edge with thread that matched the fabric color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.