Saturday, January 13, 2024

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I've been following the eruption in Iceland for a while.  

Homes were lost. Some were new and the one the the family had not moved in.  Two years of hard work up in smoke.

I am so glad the barriers did a great job of keeping the northern eruption from invading into the town of Grindavik.  The quakes are creating cracks everywhere so it is very unsafe for people to return.  

It's been cold for only a few days with a few still to come but it feels like a long time.

Some mornings have been -39C.


The crane has been erected for the construction of a high rise building.  It took place between Christmas and New Years. 

The excavation of the basement was done in the fall with the ground pounding.

The sun is shining so I am grateful for that.









I am working on a slow stitching project and I dyed some flowers this week.

Pink, red, blue, turquoise, yellow and orange.  I was not sure how much color they would absorb but it worked out really great.

I really like these small bouncy balls.  I have acquired several because I am so attracted to them.

I have started using them with my walking exercise in the morning and when I am waiting for my tea warm up in the microwave.

I can do 100 bounces alternating hands in a minute.  I have added raising my knees and hands to more cardio through out the day.


I found a few softer apples in the crisper of the fridge this week when I bought a new bag of apples.

I decided to bake them.  Looking for a recipe I found this Cinnamon Baked Apples.  

The 2 ingredients that elevate this dessert is grated ginger and lemon juice.

Very easy to prepare, makes use of maple syrup instead of sugar, and tastes delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.