Sunday, January 7, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 001

This slow stitching piece is due to a challenge from Katherine at K3N ClothTales

Week 1 was fabric weaving.  

Her word was Community.

It represents stitchers of different varieties represented by the horizontal and vertical strips of fabric. The circle in the center represents the unity among stitchers. I added a button in mine as well.

Lessons learned: Basting in the forms of pins is very important.  

My piece is only 4 inches square so long sewing head pins is quite cumbersome.  The rows fell apart and I had to re do them so that was not fun.

I chose a navy embroidery thread with 3 strands as I wanted it quite bold.  Looking at it now I see that my end stitches would have looked better on the back than the front as they go opposite of the rows stitches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.