Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Sewing Project - ReUsable Bags - Polyester

 
I finished another 5 bags for donation today.  I had a piece of polyester fabric which I had bought when I thought I would be able to sell ReUsable Bags.  This fabric was great colors teal, cream and chocolate brown.

I managed to get 5 bags from the piece.  They measure on average 16 inches wide and 18 inches tall.

The seams are all nicely sealed french seams as the fabric frays like crazy.

The top hem is 1.5 inches folded over double.  I inserted the handles on the first seam at the bottom of the hem then pulled the handles to the top and top stitched the top edge of the hem to secure the handle in the upright position giving them 2 seams to keep them in place.  That should do. 

The handles vary from grosgrain ribbon in a variety of widths and lengths and one regular ribbon.  I made them as long as possible given the length of ribbon.  The ribbons mostly came from the ReUse Center so they have become useful and will be returned to the center.

This is the last of the polyester fabric so I am glad of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.