Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Binder Cover with Journaling Bookmark

I had a visit with my sister before the snow came down again.

We discussed a lot of creative ideas and I realized that I don't have a central place to document these.  

They may or may not become full fledged completed projects but it was great to have a creative discussion.  It is important, to document the details we discussed so that they are not lost when the idea becomes a possibility.  It may be a spring board to another idea. Who knows.  

That is when I decided I needed a creative ideas journal.  She had returned to me a small binder that I had passed to her a couple of years ago that she had not used yet.  I am glad she kept it.

She sent fabric as well that is headed to the ReUse Center but I thought I should see if there was something there that would work for this project.  The big yellow flower on this fabric spoke to me.  I decided that I would use this.  I chose some beige fabric from the box which was given to me for the lining.  I cut the pieces 22" long and 10" inches tall.  The binder is 9 1/8 tall but I need some room.  I chose a 3/8 inch seam to attach these two layers which was too generous.  I did not have any fabric sticking out to create the top stitch to keep the flaps in place which would slide over the sides of the binder.  I chose to hand stitch the flaps in place with thread.  

I had an extra set of dividers which I bought at the second hand store a while back.  It may be hard to categorize the ideas but I will see how it goes.

She had created a Journaling Bookmark which I just winged the construction of.  I did have to try twice to get at least something that worked.  This means I will always have a pencil to jot notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.