Friday, March 1, 2024

Sewing Project - Recycled Fabric - Everyday Carry Bag

I made a bag from all recycled materials.  The fabrics came from the box from Michelle at ReImagined Fabrics.

The bag is beige cotton duck fabric. 

A beautiful leaf pattern cotton fabric was used for the zipper insert, the tab on the front pocket and the tab on ginger pocket.  

I added a piece of ginger cotton denim to the bottom of the back to improve wear ability and keep it cleaner. 

I chose a small piece of red for the trim on the zipper insert, the loop on the front pocket and the key hook on the inside.

The bag features 3 pockets - the front leaf patterned one, the back ginger denim one, and the space between the ginger pocket and the bag.

It has a teal zipper at the top in the normal for me completed finished zipper insert

I used taupe cotton poly blend for the handles and made them as long as I could. They are placed on either side of the pockets.  They are well reinforced in the stress areas.

The the seams are finished which looks smart and there are no raw edges in sight.

I added a tab on the ginger pocket so that it provide better leverage to open the velcro closure. It is center which the velcro was not.
This button is from my stash of recycled materials as well as the teal zipper.

It was the perfect color to match the teal color in the patterned fabric.



I included a keys hook on the inside so they will always be at hand and easy to find in the bag.

The bag measures 12x12 square so it is not a big bag.  I guess, you would call it purse sized.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.