Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Sewing Project - Pojagi Fabric Bags

I added to the piece of Pojagi fabric I made the other day.  I added some on the length and width.

I then had enough fabric to make 2 reusable bags. They both measure about 12x12 square.  I added handles from scrap fabric. 

For this bag I added handles in grey polycotton blend fabric which will wear well.  It came in the box of fabric I was given so bonus. The strip was cut 2 inches resulting in approximately 5/8 inch wide strip.

I sewed the handles right to the bottom to distribute the weight in the bag along a better distance. In this case I sewed the strip and then turned it inside out which was a challenge being so narrow.

Top stitched it on both sides of the strip on both handles on both sides of the bag.

This one again measures approximately 12x12 inches square.

For this bag I decided to cut down on the work.  I ironed the 40 inch handle strip of navy microfiber in half then ironed in both edges then just stitched it from the top. Folded in the raw edges at both ends before I sewed the seam. 

Then I just used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine to sew the handles all the way down the front and back of the bag. Back stitched where the handle meets the top of the bag and at the bottom of the bag.

This took much less time.

These are being donated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.