Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Sewing Project - Book Sleeve - Pin Stripe




I chose 100% cotton fabric from a men's shirt for the outside of this bag/sleeve.  Really nice crisp fabric.  I chose black thread for this project.

I created some cotton poly fabric from some of squares I got from the box of fabric donated to me.  I used 4 squares and sewed them together staggering the seams and then trim the excess and added it back to the length to get what I needed.  

I cut all my layers the same size 12 inches wide and 19 inches tall.  Pin Stripe outer fabric, flannel, and black taupe patterned fabric I made. The stitching I did to attached the flannel to the outer fabric was a rectangle on the front and back about 2 inches away from the edge.

I created my handles from the cotton poly fabric squares of the patterned fabric.  I cut a stripe then folded the edges into the center then ironed it half again.  I placed 4 lines of stitching both outer edges and then 2 in the middle. The handles measure 1.25 inches wide and were cut to 12 inches long.

Tacked the handles and black elastic in place then placed the bags one inside the other and sewed the top edges together leaving a gap to turn it inside out. Turned right sides out and ironed flat then pushed the lining into the bag.  I top stitched the top very close to the edge then added another line of stiching 1/2 inch from the top.

I chose a beige button but I would have preferred a gold one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.