Saturday, March 2, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 009 - Nine Patch & Poem

It has been a bit of a tough week for no particular reason.

I just had to get my piece for the K3N Cloth Tales challenge before Monday. The challenge was a Nine Patch and possibly a poem you can read left to right and top to bottom. Nine patch is a traditional quilting pattern so that may have put me off.

I was not inspired at all so I had to just do something. 

I cut a piece of blue cotton fabric as my base fabric.  I chose several pieces of cotton fabric in blues with a yellow for the center. I just finger pressed these pieces the iron may have been a better choice. I did intentionally choose white thread but not sure about that being the best. 

I am happy with my color choices.  I will applique this piece to my grey square blocks so I left the outside edges unstitched.

I did not write poem but some participants did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.