Friday, March 8, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 010 - Feather, Hope and Poem

This is piece number 10 for the slow stitch challenge with Kathryn at K3N Cloth Tales.

The prompt this week was feathers based on the poem by Emily Dickinson. Hope is the thing with Feathers.

I chose a turquoise cotton base fabric as well as my white cotton one underneath.  After a bit of inspiration looking at black and white drawings of feathers, I drew my own.

I cut the pieces out from the paper then applied them to small pieces of fabric in the turquoise color family.

I started with the dark blue center quill and added the top one.  Then the pieces on the right then those on the left.  I did have to adjust some angles as I stitched to keep the overall outline I wanted for the feather.

I wanted them offset somewhat and that turned out well.

These are such tiny pieces.  

I stitched the word hope from the poem on the left bottom corner which helps to balance the composition.

I really like this one.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.