Friday, September 7, 2018

2018 Open Art Competition & Show

I submitted three photos to the Open Art Competition and today is the reception and award presentations.

Pink Cupcake
11x14 inch frame
8x10 Color Photo


This is a cosmos which I took at the Legislative Grounds. I had not seen these before.

It is a light pink Cupcake Cosmos which features petals that curve up and inward, creating a bowl or chalice look! And as if that weren't enough, most are double or semi-double, with a pinwheel pattern of smaller petals around the frilly yellow center of each bloom.

Love the soft background which is quite dark which highlights the bloom to show off!


This is a Dahlia I took at a park near my place.  It's name is Bishop of Auckland.

It was in a large planter with plants with long dark leaves.

Perfect Petals
14x14 inches
8x8 inch Color photo

This nearly perfectly centered composition may be too predictable.




This photo was taken as part of the 2018 Dogwood Photo Challenge.  I was challenged to imitate a photo of a photographer.

I chose Mike Moats' Leaf macros.  In some, he captures the sky in the water.

Leaf on Still Pond
16x14 inch frame
8x10 inch Color photo

I love how the sky and clouds have been captured in the water.  Love the tension of the water along the edge of the leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.