Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Apron - Cross Back - Blue Butterflies

Whew!

Another apron.  This one is cross back again with a beautiful Blue Butterflies and it is 100% cotton.  I bought this fabric so long ago I do not recall what it cost me.  I paired it with an aqua 100 % cotton.

I added a bit on the fold and quite a bit on the back edges.  It is almost 5 inches wider than the pattern when folded.  It provides a great cross over at the back when it is on. 

The patch pockets come from the armhole cut out and I added a bit of aqua to the slant edge of the pockets.  They were top stitched onto the front piece of the apron before assembly.  Two and half inches from center and 15 inches down from the top of the bib. 

The stitching I did on this one is just at the top edge of the back pieces straight across. I ironed it then sewed it from the back side where I could easily see the crease.  Then a line of stitching from the previous line, down by the edge of the pocket to the apron bottom edge.




I put the hanging loop on the front of the apron this time.  I think that works better.
 
Super happy with this one as well.

I am not sure how selling these will go.  I guess people will have to try them on to see how they fit and how long they etc.

I have to move on to other priorities as this has been a marathon sewing session.  I will make a few shirt aprons for sure.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful aprons!This is my favorite,I also love the pot holders too!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty fabric is sure to appeal to lots of people.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.