Friday, September 14, 2018

Framed Art Canvas - Owl

I created this piece of art of my niece and god daughter who celebrates a birthday this week. 

The canvas was created by another niece who produces this wonderful pour art. Xyla Creations.  I purchased this piece back in May as it had the perfect colors for my god daughter.

I added the black frame. 

I created the tree trunk and branches from ripped black card stock. 

I added the circle moon cut from copper metallic card stock.

I added the brass owl pendant in front of the moon with his feet on the branch. 

I added the sentiment with vellum tucked into the bottom of the art with out being adhered.

I used glue dots to attach all the pieces only to find a day later all the pieces had fallen down.  Attaching stuff to acrylic paint has been a challenge before.  I resorted to tiny black brads but I really did not want to make holes in the wonderful canvas. 

The owl is a piece of jewelry so I gave my god daughter the matching chain in case somewhere along the line she wants to wear it.

I was able to deliver it in person and spend a day with her.  It was a wonderful time.

Lunch out is always a nice thing.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, personalized creation. I am sure she loved it. And a neat idea to include the matching chain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! You have a lucky god-daughter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.