Thursday, September 6, 2018

Recent Photos

My aunt and I visited the Art Gallery in August.  She is a painter so The James Morrice exhibit was the original draw.  A Canadian painter who spent a lot of time in France and painted in the early 1900s.

I loved the Hubert Hohn photography exhibit of doors of Edmonton homes taken in 1974.  What a great idea.

Samantha Walrod was in residence creating an eight foot collage.  Using paint, paper and other material.  My aunt especially liked this one with the chance to speak to the artist.

The Li Salay exhibit of Metis Artists was filled with many 3D pieces. I really did not connect with this exhibit.

A friend and I went to see this movie on August 23rd. It was wonderful.

How the animals help Christopher rediscover what is important in life.

We have found a theatre with great seats so we have lots of room which makes the experience very nice.

I made several more jars of Chutney this week.

Apple Plum Ginger

Peach Ginger

I tried carrots with the last of the blue plums with ginger.  We will see if that works or not in while when I open the jars.

 

I planted a row of flowers in a friend`s garden this year.  I wanted a few cut flowers for my table this summer.

I planted late so it took a while to actually get any.  I have picked 2 times.  Here`s one of the best I collected.

I am testing out a new background paper.  I love how I got just a few bokeh spots with this handmade paper sheet.


These yellow flowers are called Calendula. They were quite unspectacular when I picked them.

But a couple of days later they just opened up and looked wonderful.  I love them bright against this dark background.

I love the color of these flowers.  The smaller one is more orange than the large yellow ones.  My mom planted these all the time in her garden.

Sharing with Share Your Cup 305 hosted by Jann at Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson.

3 comments:

  1. The art gallery sounds wonderful! I haven't seen Christopher Robin yet, but I want to. Your chutney looks delicious. I had a lot of Calendulas at my previous home for years. They were starts from a neighbor, but then after a few years they just disappeared. I guess the seeds blew elsewhere. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - I like the variety in this post … so pleased you enjoyed Christopher Robin - I cried and laughed at many points in the movie, which is good in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of happy in this one post Sylvia! Many thanks for sharing it all. Pretty flowers, beautiful art (yours and others), great to enjoy the Art Museum with your Aunt, and your chutney I’m sure will taste as good as it looks. I’ve always loved AA Milne and would love to see that movie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.