Monday, September 10, 2018

Art Walk Experience


I attended the Art Walk in the Strathearn neighborhood on Sunday.  There were over 300 vendors in the park (check out the map in the mosaic on the right).  As you to can see from the bottom photo the weather was a bit sketchy.  I was fortunate to be there for 1.5 hours with no rain.

There was all kinds of art.  There were quite a few photographers, a few glass artists, a few watercolor artists, some acrylic painters, and more artists producing alternative and on the edge art.

I bought a vase/bottle from a glass artist booth.  The artist is Keith Walker.  The piece I bought was made by a student of his who was sharing his booth.

I absolutely love the yellow and clear glass vase.  I have picked a few new flowers from my row in my friends garden.  I think cosmos flowers are quite frost hardy so I expect that I will have few more pickings.

There was some nice pieces on this table.  I see the blue top with the clear bottom vase would be another favorite.  She had no business card and I did not get her name.  I will have to see what I can do if I decide to pursue another purchase.

This small wooden vessel was very amazing.  The crowds around this booth were very large and the news cameras were there.

The skeins of hand dyed wool were wonderful.

Beautiful colors, great variegated skeins and a few handmade items available for sale.

I am partial to watercolor. Robin Light Watercolors booth has some lovely small paintings. 

Sharing with Maggie at Normandy Life for Mosaic Monday #100.

9 comments:

  1. There were really beautiful glassware on sale and you chose a fine vase! Yellow is a bit more rare I think... Everybody who is a knitter falls in love with those hand-dyed wools. Wishing you a great week & thank you for your lovely comment and sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the vase bottle
    Happy Mosaic Monday

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia, what a great art walk with so many varied artists. Looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art show looks like a fun place. Cosmos are such pretty flowers; I have some in my garden, too. Enjoy your new vase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend a lazy Sunday, I would have enjoyed looking at all the different artistic creations too. Your vase is lovely, could this be the start of a small collection? I do like your mosaic, very clever to put the site map on a photo of the tents!
    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to spend a Sunday - beauty, fresh air, lots of people watching and tents and tents to visit.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful, I love this kind of plans for a lazy Sunday, dear friend.
    Love your pretty vase.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just my kind of event - and I have to hold myself back from buying cool stuff!! Glad the weather cooperated for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glass is beautiful and I love yellow! Wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.