Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Shirt - Craft Cover or Apron

Upcycled another men's shirt into a garment that would work as a craft cover, a smock apron, or a extra layer for any reason.  It provides excellent protection for your clothes.

This was a navy 100% cotton Eddie Bauer shirt in XL.

I cut the neckline into a V this time as this is a bigger size and a larger person may need a big more room.

I cut the sleeves off leaving the seam intact with the garment.

I used the one long sleeve to make the waist ties and the other for the large patch pockets. 

I chose royal blue double wide bias tape which I added to the neck line, the arm holes and the slant edge on the patch pockets.

I attached the ties at the waist on the sides of the garments. They are 40 inches long each.  It allows the ties to knot in the front or the back.

The patch pockets were placed on the front either side of the button front about waist high and top stitched.

The back is left plain with the hanging loop added just below the bias tape.


All my aprons have hanging loop which allows it to be stored on a hook or peg. All the stress points are reinforced and the tie can be tied at the front or the back.
Another one done for the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.