Sunday, September 23, 2018

Potholders - Pocket

This is my first set of pocket potholders. It took a while to design and then plan the order of doing things to get my desired outcome.


























I paired some beautiful Deep Red Asian Floral fabric for the pocket with a warm green solid for the rest.  I chose 6.5 x 9.5 for this set. I was hoping for the pocket to be square.  It has a center hanging loop from the patterned fabric.  I hemmed the top edge of the pocket.  I stitched the front of the back in 3 inches in hopes that it would easily fold there when used.  I wanted the edge of the pot to contrast against the solid which helps the eye to know where the hand should go. 

Some changes I will make is to make it wider as this works for small hands but more pocket would be helpful.



























This set was cut 7.5x 9.5 inches which makes the pocket more the size I wanted it to be.  I have a wider hem on the pocket just because I had the fabric. The Autumn Leave fabric is paired with a burgundy cotton.  Top stitching close to the outside edge to close the gap I used to turn them over.  I am happy with this design.  The set I use a lot in my kitchen is a pocket set. 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.