Saturday, March 23, 2019

AAC Juried Members Show submissions

I brought 3 photos to be juried today.  I dropped them off this morning and I returned to the gallery after 3pm anxious to see which one(s) were selected.  We were guaranteed at least one would be entered into the competiton.

I had 2 photo accepted into the show!  Not what I was expecting at all. I have posted the one one here.

I will reveal those selected on reception day, March 30th! Check back then.


Here's the one left on the table and not destined for the wall at the gallery.

Juxtaposition
13.5 x 17.5 inch frame
8 x 12 Color photo

This photo was taken down town last summer for a challenge on Flickr.

The front building is the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce which was built in 1919 in the late Renaissance Revival style. The building behind is one of the Scotia Place towers built in 1983 which has a glass facade.

I found the contrast of these two buildings interesting in several ways.
  • The building styles 
  • Material stone vs glass
  • Eras 1919 vs 1983

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - congratulations on having two photos selected for this juried show. I look forward to seeing them and hearing more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.