Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Cards - Special Granddaugther Christmas cards

A friend asked me to make special cards for her granddaughters from a couple of the Christmas cards she received last year.

As they were large cards to start with I chose the half sheet size card size at 5.5 x 8.5 inches.

Doggie Reindeer

I trimmed the card front. I then chose a deep espresso card base to coordinate with the large reindeer antlers which I scored at half of the full letter sized card stock and folded.

I placed holes in the recycled card to the left and right of the central image with the Stampin Up Slot punch.  I ran a red cotton ribbon through the doggie card front through slots then across the inside of the card and knotted it along the edge of the right hand edge of the image. 

I created a special greeting which was printed in green on white card stock.  I created the banner with the Stampin Up Banner Triple punch by layering the greeting onto a red card stock layer leaving a small border.   The greeting is adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

Doggie Elf

I trimmed the card front a bit to have it fit on a half sheet card.  You can see the iridescent glitter in the top left corner so I wanted to work with that. 

I chose a kelly green card which I scored at the half to give me a 5.5 x 8.5 inch card. 

I found some wide ribbon in my collection with an iridescent strip which matched the recycled card front. I cut 5 pieces of ribbon and flagged the bottom ends.  I placed double sided tape onto the card and then placed the ribbon at different lengths across the card as shown. 

I adhered the doggie card aligned the card top with 3D foam tape.  I printed the special greeting onto white card stock and created the same banner greeting as before with the banner punch.  It is attached to the card front with 4 tiny red brads in each corner.

I included white inserts with a special sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.