Sunday, March 31, 2019

Photo Blogging - Six

I have been chasing large plastic poker chips.

My niece is planning a girl guide project in June and put the call out for poker chips to be used as tokens in the camp.

I have found quite a few stashes of these for good prices.  My sister is also on the hunt.

We need 1500 chips and we are over 1000 so we certainly get what she needs before the deadline.

This traditional game pieces are being dumped as people go to digital entertainment.




Spring has arrived.

I have 6 new leaves on my African Violet plant as the light outside becomes brighter and longer

I love the contrast of the green against the red stems.

The leaves have not developed their fuzzy surfaces yet.

I see little flower buds in the back there so maybe I will soon have purple flowers on this plant.








I found some silicone muffin liners for this very old pan I inherited from my Mom.  I had not used it because I was sure what I would put into the cups would stick.

It is a mini muffin tin with 16 cups.

Love the colors in this set of liners.  I think they were a Halloween collection.

Now I could make some mini muffins which will certainly come out easily.


I found a cobalt blue tea bag holder to join my collection which now makes it at 6.

Unfortunately, they will not all sit in the holder.

It will certainly work very well with my Blue Nordic dishes.







Here are six props I bought in recent days for my macro photography.

I love the small elephant with a great red oriental bead.
Three filigree metal work beads.
A blown glass heart which was a drink marker.
The turquoise star was an earring.  The plastic circle is a cabinet door knob.
The gold Japanese fan is a jewellery piece as well.  It actually opens and closes.

I am joining the Photo Blogging Challenge - March 2019 - Six hosted by Lil HooHaa.

6 comments:

  1. Creative and colourful! I love the fan that opens and closes, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think you originally got your muffin liners one Halloween season! Did you use your muffin tray or did you just take a picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, I have not used the tin yet as the liners just arrived recently. They will make small bite sized goodies.

      Delete
  3. Really great Sixes! Congrats on getting closer your goal with the poker chips. I love African violets, but have not had very good luck growing them inside my house. Your props for macro photography look very interesting and will probably make for amazing shots!
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/03/31/march-photo-challenge-six/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of sixes here. Your African violet is growing well. I have three - all about 30 years old (they've been re-potted several times) that I have sentimental attachment to since they were originally started by my grandmother who passed away shortly after she gave them to me. They have healthy growth in terms of leaves, but haven't flowered for a while now. Maybe it's time for fresh soil. I'm intrigued by your macro photography props and will be checking out some of your other posts to see how you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of images for this one. I like the use of the light table behind the top image! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.