Friday, March 26, 2021

Allied Arts Council - Juried Member Show

It's that time again!  Our Juried Member Show is being hosted on-line and we hope to have the gallery open to patrons as well.  We will see.  It was reviewed on Wednesday and winners selected.

These are the pieces I have prepared and submitted for this show.  The Zoom reception is tonight where we will learn which pieces have placed.

 

 

Title: Streaming
Size: 14.00 x 14.00 inches
Mats: Double archival mats in white
Frame: Black wood
Print: 8x8 inches

This is a black and white abstract.  It has beautiful texture and layers in the image.  It was converted to B&W and had some textured filter applied in post production.

I chose the title Streaming because it applies be it water, traffic, on-line, conversations and much more.

What do you see?



 

Title: Fabulous Fungi
Size: 12.00 x 16.00 inches
Mats: Single archival white mat
Frame: Black wood
Print: 8x10 inches 

These are Ink Cap Mushrooms which I found in the park. 

I loved how the morning sun was highlighting their gills and black edges. 

Of course, our wonderful summer blue sky is showing through in places.

Taken at a very low angle.


Title: Follow Your Heart
Size: 16.00 x 16.00 inches
Mats: Double archival with grey and white mats
Frame: Black wood
Print: 16x16 inches 

I just love this heart stone.  I placed several stones in front getting bigger as they reach the heart.

It has a great bokeh background which makes the heart the focal point.

So many of us this year have and to re-evaluate our priorities and pare down our expectations.

I encourage you to follow your heart so the important wins out.


 

I will update the post should any of these be selected for prizes.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia - I suspect you have heard the results by now, but good luck to you all the same. My favorite is Follow your Heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, Thanks for sharing your favorite. No prizes in this show. Working on the next. Sylvia D.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.