Monday, March 29, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I decided to visit a different park on Sunday for a change of scenery.  I had to dress for a bit of coolness but it was a good day out.  

As you can see though the sun did not cooperate very well.   It tried but did not succeed in getting very bright.

After 2 hours out and as I arrived back home it finally shone but that was too late for me.

I loved the silhouette of the tree branches against the bright spot, looking up in mid afternoon. 

 


 

 

I finished this book in a late night reading session on Friday night.  I just needed to know how it ended.  Who had done the deed?

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks was good and suspenseful.  Sarah as moved back to be near her family.  Miles Ryan is the local sheriff who lost his wife a couple of years ago and is raising his young son, Jonah.  Sarah is Jonah's teacher. 

With the son in common they spend time together over the schooling and a relationship grows.  Miles wants to know who killed his wife on a rainy night as she was jogging along the road.

The ending is very surprising and redemptive for all concerned.

Out of the 5 basil seeds I planted in this pot I have 1 tiny plant.  There was another but the seed casing was stuck on the top and it eventually just died.

I am watering, spritzing and provide light with a grow bulb in hopes of being able to harvest basil for my cooking sometime this summer.

It takes a lot of patience and attention to have plants thrive.

That little red mark is the only evidence of my first COVID Vaccine shot.

I had a sore arm for a couple of days but that was all.  I am very grateful as I hear some people have been ill following their shot.

Looking forward to the day we are all protected.

 

Here's a few more shots from the park I visited on Sunday.  A beautiful sculpture.

Vaulted Willow, a permanent aluminum sculpture by Mark Fornes, the pavillion is clad in mirrored triangles which is very cool, and there are several benches.  I loved the color of this yellow one.

Check out these thorns!  Wicked looking and very sharp.  These are on the Japanese Barberry bush.  It is helpful at this time of year to clearly see them.  During the summer when in full leaf they are harder to spot.

Still one of my favorite park bush always provides  great photos.

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #124 

and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #282.

 

 

 

The challenge at Flickr Macro Mondays this week was awards. 
 
I was pretty stumped as what to photograph staying within the 3in limit.  After some rummaging in boxes I have not opened in a long while I found my high school grad ring. It needed a bit of polishing and the photo turned out alright.

You can check my Flickr Photostream (SMDPics) to see what other challenges I have been participating in.

Have a great week!




3 comments:

  1. We awaiting the vaccine end of the year... and hope for health each day.

    The nature give us meanwhile such many good time.

    Happy MosaicMonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silhouette of the tree is striking against the sun. So glad you got your vaccine. We're still waiting, here, but probably next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - some of our best photos are in odd light situations - such as your beautiful tree! I was thrilled to get in some reading during our cabin getaway; sometimes I forget how much I enjoy a good read! Enjoy the beginning of April, and thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.