Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Birthday Card - Paper Strips

With using a lot of 12x12 inch designer paper I generally end up with a strip at the end with about an inch and the credits.  I have a lot of paper strips in my scrap drawer.  I decided to try in find a design to use them in a card layer.


I pulled from my stash, paper that fit within a certain color scheme.  I then used my small paper cutter to cut the paper into strips about .75 inches wide.  I cut a piece of card stock just under the 4.00x 5.25 inches I need for the layer.
I started with the single strip that goes from top to bottom. The next strips I layed perpendicular to that first one on the left side and created 2 sections on the right hand side. I dontinued to add strips until the cardstock was completely covered. I turned it over and trimmed the strips to a bit away from the edge.  I reused bit I cut off to stay within the color scheme.

I chose a deep teal card base.  I adhered the stash busting background to the front.

I added a piece of large rick rack in white along the left hand side.  It was wrapped around the full card front and the ends were taped down which falls under the greeting.

To add the greeting I punched a scallop circle from one of the prominent designer card stocks.  I then added a dark grey 1 3/8 circle punchie then the color printed greeting at 1 1/4 inch.  These were layered and adhered then glued to the card front with 3D foam tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.