Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Sewing Project - Coin Purse V2

I created my Coin Purse V2 today.  Based on the first one I did in Sept 2019 I decided some improvements could be implemented.  You can check  Coin Purse V1

The changes were:
1) More durable fabric
2) Stiffer backer
3) Different closure

I lost the original pattern and there was no documentation in my Project Binder so I had to redraw the pattern.  Thank goodness for my blog where I had a photo of the measurements. 







I decided to use the dark green of my jacket for this project as it will be durable.  I chose a white satin for the inside so that I can see what coins I have. For the backer I used a 3" piece of stiff pellon as well as this thin 3" circle of plastic I found in my stash of old stencils.  The measurements include the .25 inch seam allowance.
I used Velcro instead of snaps as the closure.  That was able to be added with machine stitching which was faster.  I added a pull tab in the seam for the top which gives better leverage with Velcro closure.  

I ended up with the pieces of batik fabric on the inside of the purse because I miscalculated when putting my layers together so I just added another small piece to the front.  It will fray as I use the purse and become more organic in the process. I have made great use of the 2 small pieces of batik I got for free at the ReUse center.
The pouch part is created by hand stitching the corners together. You have to figure out how far to go based on how the folds meet in the middle. I just lucked out on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.