Thursday, April 16, 2020

Christmas Card - Merry and Bright

I am working on May's Christmas Card challenge - large greeting.  I thought I would force myself to use this 'merry' die cut - Poppy Stamps - MAGNIFICENT MERRY die cut.  I have been working on ideas for several days and nothing is gelling.  This card is what I have so far but I think it 's missing something.

I cut it from red card stock.

I selected this striped red and green designer paper and cut it to leave a small border and adhere it to a Kiwi Kiss card base.  I have no credits for the paper.

I glued the 'merry' towards the top of the card. I added a black ampersand cut with the Cricut and the Base Camp cartridge at 1.25".  I cut the BRIGHT from silver non shed glitter paper with the Stampin Up Little Letters thin lits.  I aligned them towards the bottom of the card.  All these pieces were adhered with Scotch quick dry adhesive.

I added an accent of stars on the left in black, red, and silver all held together with a tiny red brad and adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.  Stay tuned for another iteration.

Update: I decided overnight that it needed some black. Here's the updated version.

I think adding the star streams has saved this card.  I used a ruler and just aligned it along the Vs in the silver star and made markings to the edge of the card.

I am quite happy with it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.