Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Exchange Cards - Paper Strips

I have tons of strips of paper cut off from 12x12 designer paper.  I was looking for a way to use these so onto the internet to find solutions.

This is a technique I found.

I cut the designer paper strips to half inch and sorted them into similar colors schemes.  Selecting designer card stock that I am not inspired by I cut it into 4.25 x 5.5 pieces.

I applied glue stick to the quarter sheet and laid my first long strip.  I then applied the other piece perpendicular to the first one.  I continued till I had covered the whole piece of ugly card stock.

I trimmed the strips close to the card edge and pressed them under books to let the wet glue to set up and dry.   After several hours I trimmed this background to 4.00 x 5.25 inches.

I then chose a warm dark blue card base onto which I adhered my paper strip background.
Then I added a piece of white rick rack wrapped around the card front.   I taped the ends under the accent.  The accent is a scallop punchie, a 1 3/8 inch circle then a white color printed greeting.  These were adhered into an embellishment.  It was adhered over the join of the rick rack with 3D foam tape.

In the tiny gaps between strips I applied chalk to lessen their impact. I chalked the edges as well.

The pink background was adhered to a bright pink card base.  It also received a scallop greeting.

These are headed to my card exchange partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.