Friday, April 17, 2020

Christmas Card - Magnificient Merry

Another attempt with a large greeting on Christmas cards.  I started with this background that I did a week ago and it did not work out for what I wanted so it was set aside.  Today, I decided that maybe I could work it for my monthly challenge.

I started with a bright green piece of card stock. I ran holes into it with a sewing tracing wheel.  I then used Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons to highlight the shapes I had created with the dotted lines.

I added an ornament punchie made with the Stampin Up Ornament Punch and warm green designer paper.  I added a warm white hanger (credit unknown) and a warm pearl card stock snowflake punchie.  I added a string which I chalked a bit to make it warm green. I taped the ends to the back of the background layer.   I put a bit of 3D foam tape behind the ornament.  I adhered the background to the front of a Kiwi Kiss card base.

I cut the Magnificient Merry thin lit from deep red card stock. I then adhered the "merry" to the card front and traced the edges with a Sakura Stardust Clear gel marker.  It was adhered to the card front with Scotch quick dry adhesive.  I placed it loosely aligning it with the lines on the background.  I color printed the "Christmas" banner and chalked it with warm green. It was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I then spattered it with white acrylic paint which had been warmed up with a bit of green watercolor which was used on the original background.  Turned out okay!  Check back on May 1st to see the design I used for the May Christmas Card Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.