Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Card - Watercolor - Yellow Cosmos

I painted this yellow cosmos for my niece's birthday card.   

I found an image on line just to give me an idea about their foliage.  I did a bit of a pencil drawing to start.

I used my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I did a light wash of blue with Tempting Turquoise and a light wash on the bottom half with Old Olive. Once I had my first light color on the flower and the stem then I erased about 50% to leave just a very light line.

I used Daffodil Delight for my first light layer on the flower and Pear Pizzaz on the stem. I then added definition on the cosmos with More Mustard and Always Artichoke on the stem.

I added some very light stems on the bottom just so the flower was more grounded. 

I mounted the watercolor with double sided tape to a 5x7 card of Hello Honey.  I was a little short on the bottom so I added a length of  Washi Tape in More Mustard.  It rips very easily so I need to use this up so that its gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.