Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sylvia' Simple Shots

I visited the new show in the feature pyramid at the Muttart Conservatory - Orchids through Time.

A misty humid atmosphere to ensure the health of the beautiful orchids in the show.

Orchids come in many colors and shapes. 

The pond was looking really good with the mist covering the surface and water droplets being generated.

The Koi fish were very happy in their pond.

The central flower is Common Spiderwort which was in one of other pyramids.

Things were quiet, peaceful, and very enjoyable.

Another World War II novel - Beneath a Starless Sky by Tessa Harris.

Lilli Sternberg is involved with the local theatre in Munich in 1930.  She is a dancer which makes her very happy.  She meets a young man Captain Marco Zeiller who admires her and she develops feeling for him also. 

As the years approach the start of the war slowly Jewish citizens are feeling the pressure.  Their rights are slow taken away.  Lilli flees Germany to America when the opportunity presents itself.

Her family is determined to hold their ground in their homeland. Her attempts fail to have her family go to Switzerland.  She flees Germany again and is able to connect with Marco at the last minute and they head to America.

The story has a wonderful ending where father and daughter meet.

One sister was visiting another this week to pick low bush cranberries. 

On their way through I connected with them for a Wendy's lunch.

My farmer sister had sent a box of goodies.

These beautiful sunflowers were in the box.  Three wonderful flowers that I immediately added to the vase which still held flowers from my other sister's garden.

I have been blessed by the generosity of those who have gardens and flower beds.





The box also held fresh picked corn, purple and white potatoes, carrots and cucumbers.

There is nothing like garden produce.

I ate the cucumbers first as they will not last as long as the other stuff.

The corn was enjoyed with butter.

I have sliced the potatoes with my guillotine slicer, microwaved them for a bit then finalized the cooking in the cast iron fry pan with onions and mushrooms.

Garden fresh carrots are best eaten raw.

It's been a quiet and somewhat solitary summer due to several situations beyond my control.

I have enjoyed my sewing machine and worked on several projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.