Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Fabric Coasters - Set 1

I've decided to make fabric coasters for sale.

I've chosen to use linen/cotton fabric.  Generally, the outer layers are linen and I have put cotton flannel in the center.

The outer layer is cut to 5 inches square and the flannel layer is cut at 4 inches square.

I sew the flannel to the front piece with a wide seam then sew the 2 outer layers together with a narrower seam leaving a space to turn them out.  

I trim the corners to remove fabric bulk in the corners. I turn them right side out.  Press them flat making sure that the opening slot is well pressed.

I sew a seam really close to the edge all the way around closing the slot at the same time.

This is 11 sets of 2.  I am halfway to where I wanted to be. I have several other colors to make up yet.

Really happy with this day's work.

I am also working on packaging and how I will display them for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.