Saturday, September 23, 2023

Sylvia's Simple Shots

It rained over night so all was wet and dewy this morning on my walk.  I headed to the park and community garden.

I found wet chrysanthemums in this gorgeous shade of purple.

I needed a jacket this morning which I have not worn since May.  The times they are a changing.




I found ducks on the pond at the park.  Mostly Mallards but there was this one that was different.

It is a Greater Scaup female.   I did not see the flashier male version this morning.

A large duck comparable in size to the Mallard.

The smooth head is a characteristic that identifies this one as a Greater than a Lesser Scaup.

Nice find this morning.







The leaves are turning color! This is a Virginia Creeper vine on one of the apartment building on my walk.

It is a perennial vine that stages stunning fall color. Blue fruit adorns the vine in fall.

Some leaves have not decided to change yet so it was nice to see both colors in this vine.






Come Thirsty by Max Lucado.  

Physical thirst is familiar to all of us.  A tall glass of water works wonders to help with the need.

Spiritual thirst is also a life threatening condition. It comes with a quick temper, worry, guilt and fear, hopelessness, resentment, loneliness, insecurity and isolation.

God provides refreshment for dehydrated hearts. Come to the WELL and take a deep drink.

Our spiritual lives need tending just as our physical bodies.  We need to spend time being quiet, hearing the small voice, processing our days, reflecting on our experiences and doing self awareness work.

Great book!
I have been truly blessed this summer and fall to be gifted good food.

This is apples I received from my aunt who picked them at her grandson's acreage.

Beautiful red apples with a red tinged flesh on the inside.  

Here, my snack is a wedge of Brie cheese with a beautiful red apple.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.