Friday, January 10, 2020

Old Card Finds - Christmas Cards

I found a stash of very old cards which were made prior to my having a blog. 

This card features a wood mounted stamp that has gone to the thrift shop.  I stamped in black ink and trimmed it square.  I adhered it to a layer of blue card stock.  That layer is held by black photo corners.  I black grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around a piece of white card stock and knotted to the right hand side. The dove layer was adhered over the black ribbon.  This layer was then adhered to a card base of the same color as previous blue layer.


This a very simple card.

It has a greeting color printed in warm blue and I ripped the left hand side.

It is layered onto beautiful damask foil paper which the scan does not do it justice.

I added a warm blue card stock layer behind the damask paper which leaves a small border.

These layers were then adhered onto a textured white card. 

It has a seasonal insert.

Very interesting to see that type of card I was making over 10 years ago.  When stored properly they are still usable.  Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.