Friday, January 10, 2020

Old Gift Card Holders - Added to my card box

More cards found during the clean up.  These cards were designed as tri-fold gift card holders.  I was able to cut off the gift card flap and make them into regular cards.

This is Stampin Up supplies.  The textured card stock is Groovy Guava. I have not been able to determine the name of the designer paper.

I created a flower accent by cutting scallop circles in various size with the Spell Binder Nestabilities. All held together with a blue brad in the center.  The leaves were hand cut and placed behind the flower.

I color printed greeting in the bottom right hand corner layered with blue.  Adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.


This bumble bee card is made with a circle of seed paper.  I made a lot of handmade paper in those days.  Love the deep yellow color which was formed with a round cookie cutter. I added the bands of black with a marker.

I designed the wings in a drawing software package and printed several onto a clear transparency.  They were cut out by hand with scissors and adhered to the body of the bee with 2 black brads.

A 1.25 inch circle punchie in black forms the head and I added the antennae and tail with the same black marker.

I color printed the flower layer and adhered it to a white spattered red card base.  The bee was adhered to the flower layer along with a Stampin Up Word Window punchie greeting in deep yellow in the top right hand corner.


This was designed as a wedding card. 

I started with a Sundance ivory card stock layer for the card base.  It has a felt finish and was my favorite card stock for years! 

I added a layer of ivory card stock which was embossed with the Cuttlebug d'Vine Swirls folder.  It was trimmed to leave a medium border.

I wrapped a length of gold organza ribbon to the layer before adhering it the card front. 

I then pinned a small gold charm to the knot in the ribbon.

It was great to find these cards and add them to my card box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.