Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2011 - Christmas Card Challenge

I was really happy with the results of Christmas Card Challenge last year so I'm running another one this year! What I have learned this year is that the cards need to be completely done. I needed to add inserts & credits on many this year which slowed me down.

I will be posting my cards the first of the month along with suggestions and encouragement to participate in the challenge. In the end, the objective is to get your cards made throughout the year and the themes are meant to be inspirational. Join as many months as you want. If you participate, please add a comment including the link to your card so others can be inspired. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations. Become a follower of my blog if you want to be notified of my postings.

Here's my list of themes with a few ideas next to each of them:

Jan - Vintage Christmas - St. Nick, Victorian images & colors, Antique Ornaments, Old Fashioned
Feb - Musical Christmas - Carolers, Instruments, Drummer Boy, Carols & Hymns, Nutcracker
Mar - Color - Monochromatic - several shades of a single color
Apr - Winter - Snowflakes, Snowmen, Penguins, Sleds, Skates, Sleighs, Igloos
May - Reason for the Season - Nativity, Manger, Stars, Angels, Wisemen, Bethlehem, Doves
Jun - Color - Chocolate/Red/Cream - any combinations of these colors
Jul - Christmas Around the World - Feliz Navidad, Poinsettias, Father Christmas
Aug - Christmas Glitters - use glitter on your card
Sep - Color - Non Traditional Colors - Pink, Lime Green, Teal, Turquoise, Kraft, and much more.
Oct - Natural Christmas - Pinecones, Mistletoes, Raffia, Pine Trees, Twig Wreaths
Nov - Christmas Decorations - Ornaments, Stockings, Candy Canes, Lights, Gingerbread
Dec - Color - Metallics - Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.