Monday, October 19, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I took a walk yesterday with extra layers on just to get out of the house and see something other 4 walls and give my leg some exercise.

There are a lot of leaves on the ground and they make a lovely sound when I walked through them. 

There were big snowflakes falling for a few minutes.  In my neighbourhood we don't have snow on the ground yet.  I am surrounded by many areas that do have snow on the grassy areas.

I took this shot from very near the ground to have some good depth of field. 

Love the few snowflakes captured at the same time.

This is "Frank the Owl".  He is a multicolored glass figurine from Piers 1. He was rescued by my sister from the trash and donated to me. 

I love his big blue eyes.  He is very cute and has no chips or damage of any kind.  Thank you sister. His body is multi - colored glass with orange feet and beak.

I love glass despite that at times it is hard to photograph.

The navy yarn arrived with my sister from my Mom's house.  This is what I will assemble my new afghan when the squares are complete.  

I checked my old files this morning. Wow, I did a lot of crocheting in my twenties. Many were given away as gifts. I have 2 which stayed with me.

I have documented what yarn I used but not the size of the crochet hook or the pattern.  I will have to get started and do some sample squares to get them to 6.00 inches.  


Thanks to my sister again I have had 3 meals of turkey dinner.  Turkey with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and dressing with garden fresh carrots. 

It was very good and another thank you to my sister.

On my walk yesterday I stopped at the recycle center and rescued these 3 books from a box.  I will quarantine them for a couple of weeks.

I have been reading a lot being at home so much so I need a regular injection of new ones.  I think our libraries are open but I have not been visiting them.


Winter has come very quickly to our area.  These flowers were still around.  The first is Pink Yarrow, the middle is a dried Echinacea or Cone Flower and there were still roses and buds.

 

"String" is the challenge for Flickr Macro Monday today.  The photo on the left is one of a few I took for the challenge.  It is a clay button with a jute bow.

You can check my Photostream SMDPics to see which photo I submitted. 

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #101  and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #262.

7 comments:

  1. That's a very cute owl, and I really like the first photo from the perspective so near to the ground. Those little snowflakes are so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - one of my favorite things about autumn is to walk through leaves - the sound, the aroma. Hard to beat. Lovely photo of Frank the Owl! We are currently on a road trip, but our son sent us a photo of the snow that has arrived at our house during our absence!!!
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that cute owl! We went on a hike today hoping to see one again...we didn't...but then I came home and saw yours! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a huge owl lover I would have rescued him as well. Adorable.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the leaves. I find it interesting how long some of springs flowers lasts. In the Spring I started photographing wildflowers. I continued through the summer and thought they'd all be gone by fall. I was so wrong. Even though the leaves are changing and much if the ground cover has turned brown there is still splashes of colorful wildflowers everywhere we go. Love the Pibk Yarrow and the rose bud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to kick-walk through the leaves.... just like a kid. I’m sure not looking forward to damp cold chilly days ... and am trying to enjoy our crisp sunny fall as long as I can by getting out for a daily walk. (We are staying in Oregon this year, it will be colder, but safer than going to Florida we think.) I like your rescued owl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.