Sunday, July 3, 2022

Birthday Birds - Watercolor



I wanted a masculine subject for my nephew's birthday card.  

I needed whimsical because I cannot draw realistic birds.  I did a bit of searching on the web then drew a couple.  

I chose warm colors for the bird with warm background and a sun in the corner.

I traced my pencil marks with black permanent marker once the watercolor was dry.

I chose a Kraft card base with a Coastal Cabana grosgrain ribbon wrapped around the card front.   The ribbon is aligned on the left just off center.

The watercolor was adhered with 3D foam tape above where the ribbons met on the card front.

This card will be going digital as it has a long way to go.

The card above is a couple of small birds in bright colors.  I added spatter to this one and adhered it to a Wisteria Wonder textured card base with a deep purple grosgrain ribbon added around the card and taped behind the watercolor focal element.

I updated the brown bird one with spattering of warm toned spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.