Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Flowers in Vases - RePackaging

When I made my flower bouquets I thought I was selling reusable vase covers which were machine sewn then enhanced with slow stitching.  Turns out that was not a seller as they have been in the gift shop since March 2026.  I brought those back a couple of weeks ago and decided to redesign the packaging to sell the flower.  

I eventually decide to find small vases into which to package these flowers.  Since there was only one handmade item in the package I have lowered the price.

I put the navy linen flower in this white ceramic vase with a stippled texture.  A nice sturdy vase for this substantial flower.  I kept the bamboo skewer in its stem and that worked well.

I decided to put a variety of sentiments on the tag to see if that would make a difference.

I brought these back to the gallery today.

Sentiment: A Flower Just for You

I am having to find vases at a very low price to keep my margins on these flower bouquets.  I am up for the challenge.  

I trimmed the hot pink strands in the tulle flower a bit to give it a sleeker look.

I paired it with a pink glass vase.

I added a bit of vase filler at the bottom of the vase to cover the end of the wire stem.

Sentiment - Thinking of You Today


For this flower I chose a clear glass vase.

The flower is quite heavy and the stem needed a bit of extra support so I put it into a red and white striped paper straw which worked with the red in the flower.

I added some vase filler at the bottom of the vase to cover the bottom of the vase.

Sentiment: For your Special Day








I placed this peach organza flower in a white water bottle with a peach lid.

The hole in the lid works well to support the flower in the middle of the vessel.

It may be unorthodox but we will see if it works.


Sentiment: A Flower for Someone Special



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.