Saturday, March 5, 2011

Card - Sunflower

I love sunflowers! I chose a royal blue card. I created the flower with Spellbinder's thin dies. I cut 2 yellow flowers, one dark brown center and one leaf. I chalked the petals and the leaf. I layered the 2 yellow petals over one another offsetting them to create a full flower. The center gets cut out on the yellow so I had to put it back in and tape the petal layers together. I selected a Cuttlebug large dot embossing folder for the white background and used it on the center as well. I mounted the brown center with a 3D Zot which gives a bit of dimension. The flower is a great size for this A2 card.
I'm going to try doing it in red to see if it will pass for a poinsettia. Keep an eye out it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.