Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How To: Shopping Bag Flowers

With Earth Day just around the corner on April 22nd I was working on a recycle/reuse/reduce idea for work. More on that in the next post.
I found inspiration in an internet search.  I've applied my tools to the project and here's what I came up with.
We all have plastic shopping bags that get stuffed in a box, drawer, fabric tube, etc. for when we next need one.  How about making flowers for card making with them?  I went through my stack of bags and found purple, yellow, pink, navy blue and clear.  After checking with co-workers we came up with light yellow, bright blue, green, and more.  Some plastic is thicker and opaque and some is thin and translucent which works for creating depth.  I cut several layers of plastic to size for the flower die I had selected. Any flower die will do that is a good size. I found it best to sandwich the plastic between 2 layers of scrap paper.  After running it through the machine you have plastic flowers in various colors.  Think about how you can use something in a new way!
Purple - Purdy's chocolates                    Yellow - McBain, Home Hardware
Clear - Ikea                                             Pink - Scrapbook Store
White and Pink - HMV                          Blue - The Children's Place
Navy - Sears                                           White and Red - Safeway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.